Apple Pie Sangria
- 1 bottle dry or semi sweet wine-Elk Island Vidal or Terroirier White
- 2.5 cups apple cider
- 12 oz ginger-ale
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup Apple Pie Spiced Syrup- depending on sweetness desired
Combine all ingredients and chill. Ginger-ale can also be added just before serving.
Apple Pie Spiced Simple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1 teaspoon allspice, ground
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg, ground (freshly ground if possible)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
For Apple Pie Spiced Simple Syrup
Place all ingredients in small saucepan. Bring to boil. Strain into airtight container. Cool and refrigerate. Will stay fresh for up to 2 weeks.