Ginger Green Tea Sangria
Ginger Green Tea Sangria from Elk Island Winery
- 1 -2 bottles Elk Island Island Sunset Wine
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 cups citrus green tea ( I usually use Diet Citrus Green Tea)
- 1 1/2 cups Green Tea or Regular Ginger-ale
- 1/4- 1/2 cup ginger syrup
To make ginger syrup. Peel and slice a 2 inch piece of fresh ginger root. Place in small saucepan with 1 cup water and 1 cup sugar. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Refrigerate to cool. Can be kept in a jar in the refrigerator or frozen for future use. Add to taste both for ginger and sweetness.
If I was making it at home I would add sliced strawberries, oranges and some pineapple chunks for flavor and visual appeal and for extra kick Brandy or ginger liquor.