Chocolate Norton Truffle Squares
- 8 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons Elk Island Naked Norton or Norton Wine
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dark cocoa
Melt the chocolate in the top of a double boiler set over a pan of hot water. Remove from the heat. Add the butter and cream and stir until smooth. stir in the wine. Line a 8-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap. Transfer chocolate mixture into pan. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 1/2 hours, or until firm. Place 1/4 cup cocoa powder on large plate. Invert loaf pan onto cocoa plate and remove plastic wrap. Cut truffles into inch squares. Chill for 10 minutes. Roll squares in cocoa powder to cover.
The truffles can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week. Let stored truffles sit at room temperature for 20 minutes before serving.